Hot/Cold Pack Care Instructions
IMPORTANT - Keep instructions with your wheat bag.
HOW TO HEAT
1. Remove wheat bag from packaging
2. Place wheat bag in the centre of the microwave ensuring it does not obstruct the turntable. Make sure the wheat bag is flat and evenly distribute the wheat. Fold each end if using a larger heat pack
WHEAT BAG MAXIMUM HEATING TIMES ARE BELOW.
3. Never heat the wheat bag for more than 1 minute at a time. If heating wheat bag for longer than one minute, shake and turn the wheat bag over for each minute of heating.
4. Remove carefully from microwave. Wheat bag will be hot after heating, handle with care.
5. Gently shake the wheat bag to evenly distribute the wheat. Check the temperature is comfortable before use.
6. Allow the wheat bag to cool completely before reheating and/or before storage on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink.
|MAXIMUM HEATING TIMES|
|WHEAT BAG||700 WATTS||850-1000 WATTS|
|Standard Pack||4 Minutes||3 Minutes|
|Shoulder Pack||4 Minutes||3 Minutes|
|Back & Belly Pack||4.5 Minutes||3 Minutes|
If overheating occurs there may be a burning smell or charring and in extreme cases smoking. These all indicate that irreversible grain deterioration has occurred. Immediately place wheat bag
on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink and allow to cool completely before disposing. 100% cotton wheat bags are biodegradable and compostable.
TO USE AS A COLD COMPRESS
Place in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 45 minutes.
STORAGE, CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Make sure the wheat bag is completely cool and moisture free before storing with these instructions in a cool dry place. Spot clean only with a damp cloth. DO NOT wash DO NOT immerse in water. It is recommended the wheat bag be heated at least once a month for maintenance and replaced annually.
1. DO NOT overheat.
2. DO NOT use if wheat bag smells or looks burnt - allow to cool completely on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink then throw away.
3. DO NOT leave wheat bag UNATTENDED in microwave in case of fire.
4. DO NOT use straight from microwave if too hot - allow to cool first.
5. DO NOT use wheat bag on one body part for more than 5 minutes - continuous heat may burn.
6. USE WITH CAUTION - wheat bags can burn skin when used incorrectly and particularly the more delicate skins of children or older people. SUPERVISE children at all times.
7. DO NOT use under bedding.
8. MICROWAVE ONLY - do not heat in gas or electric oven.
9. NOT RECOMMENDED to add oils or fragrances to the wheat bag - these may increase the risk of fire.
We recommend replacing your wheat bags annually.